Sunday, December 06, 2009

Holiday Party Season Begins!

Now I know Fraught mentioned her irritation with the people who complain about busy social calendars in December but let me tell you, I am not one of those people AT ALL. I love having lots to do! Friday night Tim and I went to the Junior League Christmas party. After eight years in the League, we knew lots of people there and it was a great chance to catch up.

Though our age is showing. Tim commented on how young the Provisionals and their dates looked and in a very Dad-like way, how their skirts were much too short. I just know that running into one of our former babysitters who is now old enough to be in the League made me feel very, very old. At least the fact that our kids were now in elementary school made her feel old. Hah!

Saturday we went to a surprise 50th birthday party for our friend Rob. As much as I don't care to be surprised, I love surprise parties.

His wife kept it under wraps and he looked genuinely shocked and pleased. I took the chance to use my new camera lens and designated myself the party photographer. It was great because it gave me a chance to talk to almost everyone there.

We were home fairly early since Tim was working on Sunday but it was an awesome party!

No comments: