Saturday, December 19, 2009

Did I Say Potential?

It started to snow at 2:30 yesterday afternoon. By 3pm, I was white knuckling it down my driveway knowing I was not leaving again for some time. I made it in the garage without crashing my car, which was no small feat!

I shovelled off about four inches of snow before Tim got home. By shovelled, I mean some good old fashioned shovelling. Our snowblower picked a doozy of a time to break. Tim spent another two hours out there when he got home. He came in and informed me, "We're f*cked." We still had plenty of snow, it was still coming down and we were running out of places to put it.

Why bother clearing? Tim has to work today at 3pm and while the rest of town may shut down, the ER is always open. So first thing after breakfast, we started clearing a path to the Jeep. And then tried to clear as much snow as we could. All that time getting the kids gear yesterday - really should have bought for me instead. They played outside for a 1/2 hour and then retired to the indoors for a Scooby Doo marathon. Tim and I, on the other hand, were out there for a good three hours and have most of it cleared.

They say we got 16 inches but my highly scientific deck table method disagrees. Say a prayer for Tim who will (hopefully) be driving to work in this mess later. Hopefully because he says that if he can't drive, he'll walk the several miles. That's some dedication.

4 comments:

The 5 Bickies said...

Tim's better than the postal service...rain, sleet, snow.
I use the same highly scientific method...deck table all the way! How much does yours measure?

Katie said...

We're guesstimating about 18 inches of snow! Felt like more when we were moving it!

Ned said...

We have at least 18 inches as well...

Amy said...

And it wasn't that light fluffy stuff. Hats off (make them knitted toboggan snow hats) to you for your perseverance in the face of some SERIOUS shoveling.

And thanks again for the bibs. (Let's just go with undying gratitude!!)